Monday, September 24, 2012

The Next Step

Attending the writer's conference last week was the best thing I could do for my writing career. I had the magnificent opportunity to meet other unpublished writers, authors, literary agents and other publishing professionals. Not to mention, I got to spend four days with a good friend.

Ready for the news, yet?

What I never expected, but greatly hoped for, came true. I came home with literary agents interested in my work!

Not just one, but two! They both want me to send a proposal and sample chapters. This is a huge step in a writer's endeavors to attain publication, and not easy to accomplish.

Needless to say, I'm just a little excited.

It's going to be a difficult task to perfect my proposal. A proposal tells the agent all about the writer, the writer's novel they're trying to publish, and why that novel will be a success in the marketplace. It's a one-shot chance to convince an agent that the writer would be a good addition to his/her client list.

Even if it doesn't end up working out with these agents, the connections I made with them are priceless.

I'm so grateful that I was provided with the opportunity to attend the conference, and look forward to the results it has to bring.

Want to know about another huge connection I made at the conference? Stay tuned, and I'll write a post later this week.

If you haven't already, 'like' my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ruth-A-Taylor/112941348748036.

No comments:

Post a Comment