Monday, February 21, 2011

Done for now...

I just finished the final draft of Charge of the Beast! It's my 7th edit, and I believe it's well polished. I feel very comfortable sending the manuscript to any agent who may ask for it.

My plan is to set it aside for six months - no peeking! It will be hard for me not to look at it, but unless I feel a critical change needs to be made, I'll wait. Come August, I'll have a fresh set of eyes for another edit. Unless, that is, I get a nibble from an agent!

Now I'm working on a short story for the Writer's Digest annual writing competition. Thousands of people enter each year. While I'm not expecting a win, it certainly doesn't hurt to try! If I were to place, it would be a great addition to my writing credentials.

I'll also start on a new novel soon. I don't have enough details yet to begin, but something will happen to give me an inspiration to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment