Sunday, May 22, 2016

Deadly Transformation – Romantic Thriller all the way



     One scene in my 2nd novel, Deadly Transformation, is based on a true event that occurred to a friend of mine on the Island of Tobago. Once a beautiful island of tranquility, drug trafficking infiltrated the culture and corrupted the youth who were raised on much higher principles. The Republic of Trinidad and Tobago became the crime capital of the Caribbean, and many tourists have suffered from it. That’s all I’ll say so I don’t give anything away. That being said, my novel started out as a thriller based on this event, then developed into a romantic thriller as my imagination created the fictitious story that now lays on paper.
     I write fiction targeted for the Christian market, but have always remained open to publishing for the general market as well. In fact, one of the workshops I’m taking at ACFW’s conference in August is about the ways authors can write for the general market while still keeping their Christian values.
     Now for a comment made by one of the judges for the Genesis contest: this novel may be too much of a thriller for the Christian market. Ta da! So, for Deadly Transformation, I will indeed seek publication for the general market. One of the literary agents I have an appointment with at the conference represents authors for both CBA (Christian Book Association) and ABA (American Book Association) markets, so I look forward to seeing what she has to say about it.
     This novel will take my readers on quite a ride from beginning until the very end. I can’t wait for everyone to read it!!


 If you haven't already, 'like' my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ruth-A-Taylor/112941348748036.

1 comment:

  1. It is definitely a thriller and more! In my opinion it would appeal to both markets so good plan!

    ReplyDelete